The Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015, is hosted in Los Angeles, CA, serving as a video game industry trade show. This is an exclusive, industry-only event presented by the Entertainment Software Association. One of the features of this trade show is eSports. In celebration of E3 2015, Sony discounted PlayStation 4 and 3 games to consumers. Moreover, Sony allowed PlayStation 4 Games featured at E3 to be live-streamed at the trade show. The PlayStation 4 games are among the leading games preferred for E3 and eSports. Sony has continued to release PlayStation 4 version of many eSports games for consumers and tournaments.
Some of the games
- Final Fantasy VII. That’s right Square Enix is remaking one of its most popular games in history.
- The Last Guardian from Team ICO looks like it will be magical.
- Sega announced a third game to its historic Shenmue series which has seen crowdfunding on Kickstarter
- Horizon Zero Dawn looks like an awesome third person action game.
- Uncharted 4 it looks like this will be more of an open world game instead of the go down the designated path game like the previous games in the series.
- Destiny: The Taken King is an expansion for Destiny the shooter mmo that so many people are crazy about, its actually pretty exciting to see Bungie’s vision coming to life.
Project Morpheus is in full swing. Sony showed a bunch of demos for the upcoming VR headset. A lot of people thought Rigs looked really cool which is being branded as virtual realities first eSport. Players get mech suits and battle it out in 3 on 3 action, sounds pretty sweet.
No mention about the PlayStation Vita or more games for it. Boo.